Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I've had a couple culinary successes this week

and yes it's only Wednesday and supper hasn't happened yet but Monday and Tuesday...wow...the food was fantastic if I do say so myself. So much pressure tonight for a 3 for 3 success :)
Thought I'd share the recipes as they're SO easy, very fast, and the kids even gobbled it up.

This may well be the best received vegetarian meal I've made for my kids. This recipe was posted somewhere by a friend of mine online. I can't find the source again or I'd give them huge thank-you. I wrote it on a little scrappy piece of paper and thought I should try it sometime and shoved it in the recipe cupboard...I found it week or so later and decided to give it a whirl before purging the scrappy bit of paper, you know to see if it'd make the loved recipes notebook.

White Bean Cheesy Pasta
1/2 onion chopped
2 tbsp butter
saute, and when the onion is almost finished add
2 cloves garlic minced

add
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp pepper
cook for 2 minutes

add
1 1/2 cups whole milk
stir on medium heat until thickened

add
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (seemingly any kind will do really)
stir to melt

add
1- 15 oz can white beans (I used white kidney beans but I'm not sure if there is such a thing as a "white" bean, or if a chick pea can would qualify...)
1 can diced green chilies OR 1 chopped jalapeno

I threw some cooked veggies in at the end, mixed it with some whole wheat rottini and YUM. It's a whole meal in one bowl. So fast and super-yummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment